Thread: How to improve?

How to improve?

Here is a latest snap of flower. How could I improve more ?

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2541.IMG_5F00_1162_2D00_small.jpg[/img]

thanks

Re: How to improve?

Looks beautiful! One suggestion might be to try to retain a little more highlight detail.

How about a polarizer to cut the light reflected from the petals and let their color show.

I *always* forget mine until after when I

I think you could consider the background. Shooting from below the flower makes it seem really tall and really large, since it only have a uniform blue sky behind it. Of course, a solid blue sky for a background means you don't have to worry about the background. But shooting from more of a natural angle (I don't mean straight down) with some non-distracting background would add quite a bit to the photo I believe.

Braden

You may also want to shoot when the sun is lower and not as strong, meaning earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon. The picture would be less contrasty, the mentioned above highlight detail would be easier to preserve and who knows, maybe that fringing would be less prominent. I like the composition and the blue sky.

Using existing shot, you could improve it by increasing the contrast (do not increase saturation). If you can re-shoot this flower without changing anything in positioning or lighting, the polarizer would be a great help (as Paul suggested).

The highlight detail is lost a little, a filter it make it better. The angle is great, i wouldnt think of shooting it this way, makes that little guy buff up and look really nice. The angle is subjective and its for your taste. Nice job.

Thanks everybody... nice suggestions to learn. Shall try them next time I take snap of a flower.

As for filter (many of you indicated that) I can not use for I use a P&S camera (Powershot A530). I have a couple of snap with different exposer. I shall try if I can extract some more detail in PS.

Actually at worst you could just hold a filter in front of the lens...