Thread: Does DPP support Mac OS Lion?

Does DPP support Mac OS Lion?

<html />

Re: Does DPP support Mac OS Lion?

I have been unsuccessful finding a DPP update on Canon

Never mind, it only goes to version 10.6. I thought Version 10 was Lion all the way... told you I had no clue about Mac OS

I think you

The latest update for DPP is 8/11/11 and it does not list Lion as being supported. This is one reason I didn't bother with updating from Snow Leopard.

There are those who are using Lion and DPP and they will chime in to tell you if they work together. But I think the answer to your question is No...it is not officially supported. (unless someone knows an obscure link on Canon's website that will take us to an update)

Some forum posts (e.g. on POTN) have reported that the current version of DPP works under Lion, although only the old EOS Utility works. I'm still running 10.6 on my 17" MacBook Pro, although I don't really use DPP, only DxO and Aperture. I also have a 13" MacBook Air running 10.7 Lion, but I haven't tried installing DPP on it. If you're just looking for confirmation, I can give it a try...

There is certainly a new version of DPP, it's just not available quite yet. Canon has a new camera that shoots RAW - the PowerShot S100. When I got my S95, the disc it shipped with had DPP 3.9, and it was a few weeks before that version became available for download. I've pre-ordered an S100, and Amazon indicates I should receive it next week. It will almost certainly come with a new version of DPP, since the current version pre-dates the S100's RAW files.

Thanks Neuro.....my brother just switched from PC to a MacBook Pro and he is miffed because he can

I am using the latest full DPP suite on latest updated version of Lion on a new iMac and all works great. You can only use EOS 3.8 so after installing the suite just delete EOS 3.9 and then install 3.8. Also have installed Aperture 3.2 and also runs great.

/clickon