John and I met up yesterday (5-23) at Plum Island, MA.

The day was dismal, the ticks were tolerable, but we (hopefully I'm not putting words into Neuro's mouth[] ) had a good day shooting.

We walked some of the PI trails and came away w/some OK (my) shots.

Parula....my first viewing; member of the Warbler family

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/4478.Parula-2.jpg[/img]

The only shot I got of an Eastern Towhee

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/7384.towhee-copy.jpg[/img]

This Tom was trying to seduce my Subie

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/7723.turkey-and-subie.jpg[/img]

Great Egret

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/1614.snowy-in-flight.jpg[/img]

After lunch we headed over to the Rookery to view the twin owlets, but when we got there the nest was empty. There were plenty of GBHs and their chicks to shoot so we hung around. While the weather was quickly deteriorating around us, John spotted one of the owlets on a downed tree.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/2656.far-owlet-copy.jpg[/img]

It wasn't long after I spotted the 2nd owlet that was being beleaguered by grackles.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/4341.close-owlet.jpg[/img]

All in all it was a good day....hooking up w/John for some shooting and shooting some birds (songbirds) I normally don't seek out.

Thanks John and thank you for looking folks

Bill