Thread: What to do in Miami ...

What to do in Miami ...

... when you are dead - oh wait, that was Denver, and a movie title.

Seriously, I will be in Miami (Beach) beginning of February, and will probably have the Sunday after arriving in the morning, and 1 or 1 and a half days after the conference to do whatever I like, before I have to catch a plane in the evening. Any recommendations for places inside or outside the city worth visiting/shooting are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arnt

The only suggestion I have is to head out to Big Cypress - somewhat surprised there isn't a Miami contingent offering greater detail.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    I live somewhat near Miami, however I have only shot inside the city a couple of times so I don't have to much to offer. Most of the places outside of the city I go are for wildlife and all at least an hours drive (if youre willing to go that far I can give you a list of places though). Within the city if you go over the bridge to key Biscayne there are good places to get nice city scape shots. There is also an abandoned amphitheater there as well which is fun to shoot.

Thanks everyone!
    I had a busy week and weekend, I hope I can do some research in the next two days and possibly book a trip/tour or rental car in advance.

I might come back with questions in the process :-)

Cheers,
    Arnt

This was taken about 45-60 min south of Miami in the heat and humidity of June.
    Charles Deering Estate. Just south of Miami, Florida
    On a fine Sunday afternoon, I found myself at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean at this great site. The fast moving clouds and overhead sun called for some long exposure imaging.
    7D | 10-22mm @ 13mm | f/22 | 58 sec exposure | ISO 100 | LEE Big Stopper | LEE 2 stop soft GND

[img]How Time Flies by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

I've never been to Miami, but I watch CSI Miami. It seems you probably won't have to do anything, because Miami will do it to you.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur