Thread: Can my Canon 5D Mark II remotely operate the flashes speedlite 430EXII and 580EXII?

Can my Canon 5D Mark II remotely operate the flashes speedlite 430EXII and 580EXII?

Can my Canon 5D Mark II remotely operate the flashes speedlite 430EXII and 580EXII?.
    I am trying to find it in the manual and online, no luck as of now, any one can throw more light on this?

With the camera body itself, no. You would need the Canon trigger mounted on your hotshoe, or a radio remote trigger system like Pocket Wizard.
    The 7d is the only one that I know of for sure with that feature, which uses the built in flash as the trigger.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

I know 60D does the job, so wondering if 5D Mark II does it

Quote Originally Posted by gandhi View Post
    I know 60D does the job, so wondering if 5D Mark II does it
    60d probably uses the built-in flash as well?

I'm nearly certain that it's not possible with the 5D.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

You can get some cheap remotes (about $30) that connect to your flash and one to the camera hotshoe on ebay or amazon. The next step up is cybersyncs. Pocket Wizards are the high end.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Not possible with the 5DII, unless you use master (580, ST-E2) or 3rd party radio triggers.