<p class="MsoNoteLevel1CxSpFirst"]Does anyone
take advantage of this feature on occasion?<span> Did you find after testing the AF that there were certain
lenses/body combinations that benefited from a little microadjustment applied?<span> What was your approach for performing this adjustment accurately?
<p class="MsoNoteLevel1CxSpLast"]I&rsquo;ve been looking at the [url="http://www.lensalign.com]Lensalign[/url]product.<span> The manufacturer suggest that most
every lens can benefit from AF Microadjustments, even if it appears that the
lens is focusing correctly to the eye. I've heard of people using other makeshift means to make a microadjustments, but possibly not with the same accurate results as with something like the Lensalign.
<p class="MsoNoteLevel1CxSpLast"]I realise that the AF calibration varies slightly from the wide to narrow end of a zoom lens, and so when calibrating or making micro adjustments to a zoom lens it's recommended to either calibrated in the middle of the focal length range or at the focal length most used. But what about working distance; should microadjustments be made at (or around) the working distance most used (e.g. if the lens is going to be used primarily for closer working distances - like macro or portrait photography; versus at greater working distances - like sports or wildlife), or if calibrated for one working distance is the calibration consistent for all working distances at the same focal length?