Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C & C Frost

C & C Frost

I just shot this the other day and it was a lot of fun, but it feels a little flat and I am not sure if the image is just not sharp (because of the lens that I used) or slightly out of focus. Also it was through a pane of glass that is slightly tinted and (as is evident) very dirty. Also the compression required for the forum width is really destroying the little detail that it had originally. Here is a link to my flickr with the pic.

This was taken with a Canon 10D EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM @ f/4.5 1/125 ISO 100 I also had a set of extension tubes on there to make the macro shot. With that I assume that the real f number is a lot worse, but I don't know how long they were nor do I know how to calculate it. All comments, critiques, etc. welcome.

Enjoy!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.29/IMG_5F00_6665.jpg[/img]

Re: Frost!

I edited the photo for you in DPP, a picture is worth a thousand words. It makes it easier that way.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/4319755597.JPG[/img]

John.

Hmm. It does make it look less flat.

Very nice and interesting!
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Here's my go at editing, hope you don't mind!

I didn't like the top part; I found it distracting.

This is very nice editing. It looks like a tattoo in reverse.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

I see what you are saying about the distracting corner. It does kind of need some modification there. I wish that it didn't have to go though because the feather like look of those especially are really pretty. I might mess with it some and see what I com up with.

Here is how I decided to edit it. I don't really like vignettes very much but I think the distractions and things were removed. Also I like the sharpness a little better as well as the color. It does not seem to be too flat.

I would enjoy some comments on the crop here. I really think it pulls things together that were missing in the original.

Nice Frost. Was that home or dorm? I might push your bright end to be more pure white, and up your saturation another bit. The new picture is definitely better than the original. If you have some time you could clone out the white dots. Other than that, cool shot. Our frost has never been that interesting here.

dan