Thread: What is your carry around compact camera?

What is your carry around compact camera?

I have been looking for a compact camera to carry around with me all of the time. I have become spoiled with the quality of pictures my slr gives me and am leary about which compact to choose. I have seen 11x14 blow ups from the panasonic lumix dmc-zs9 and they are very impressive, although I grew up a canon child, so it is hard to switch.
    Everyone, I was curious, what is your carry around all the time compact camera?
    Hows the quality of photos in everything from macro to full zoom?
    Thanks,
    naturac
    Last edited by Sean Setters; 01-13-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Personally, I use a Canon PowerShot S100 as a bring-everywhere camera. I upgraded from the S95 (which now lives in my wife's purse). My main criteria were getting the largest possible sensor in a camera size that could fit in a pocket (a regular shorts/pants pocket, not cargo pants or a coat), and the ability to shoot in RAW. That narrowed the field down to pretty much the camera I chose. I'm quite happy with the IQ of the S100.

Canon Power shot S95, no contest (except maybe S100)

I got a Panasonic TZ5 for my honeymoon in 2008. I endorse its performance as a point and shoot. That series of camera is now called ZS (not TZ, which stood for travel zoom).