Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falling water

Falling water

Here's one of my favorite shots out of all the waterfall shots I've taken. It was taken witha Canon 5D and a 24-105 @ 35mm, manual mode, 50 iso, f22, 5 seconds, awb (later tweaked in CS3). I would have used a neutral density filter but I didn't have one at the time. I'd love to hear any comments good or bad anyone might have.

Alan

Re: Falling water

I'd frame it and hang it somewhere in your house where you'd see it at every turn!

I agree, its a great shot. Frame it and admire. If anything the highlights of the water are over exposed, but I am not sure how you would reduce that exosure and still get the rest of the photo in balance which you have nicely done. I am thinking this cries for an HDR approach. Nice work!

I think its fantastic, but i keep trying to scroll up to see more of the rocks? Guess i would like too see the waterfall start lower in the frame.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.58/fixed.jpg[/img]

Sorry 4 being smartass but try more photoshop

P.S. AMAZING picture Great Job!

Thanks for your rendition but I much prefer the original better. You lose all the detail of the flowing water on the bottom not to mention some weirdcyan color banding in the water area. Maybe your not working on a calibrated monitor? I have messed around with HDR some but haven't been satisfied with the results. I'd love to see what anyone could come up with if they have some free time.

I originally thought that a crop to only include the top water fall might improve it, but realized we may have that desire only because we cannot see all of the picture here without scrolling down. The original is the best. Nice work, again.

also agree ... i like the original much better .... try less photoshop ... as the sayibg goes a wise man speaks because he hassomething to say ... the rest speak because they want to be heard.... no when to quit is as important as knowing when to start

great shot

This shot is absolutely fantastic!!! Where is it?

George W Childs State Park

Pennsylvania

http://www.stateparks.com/george_w_childs.html