Ok, here goes my most irrational thought yet ...

I have been looking at camera bodies online for part ofthe weekend. Now, it could be because I am missing my 7d and once I have it back I will not feel the overwhelming desire to own a second body as I do now but I do know I never want to go thru this being without one again!

So, I am looking at possibly getting a used or refurbished 1D Mk III. All I know about this camera is what I've read in Bryan's review. I am hoping this will buy me for one thing,better high ISO results with lower noise and of course the other plus being speed. It seems like a really good camera but the two things that I'm not sure about are #1 - only 10 MP and #2 - How do I know ifthe AF mirror assembly has been corrected to fix the problem with poor AI Servo AF accuracy. With that, I don't know if it is still a step up or not compared tothe 7d.

Only hitch, I would have to sell 2 lenses to help pay for the 1D Mk III. I have thought about this a great deal and I know I would get much more use out of a second camera than I do out of well, one of the lenses anyway...I rarely reach for my 17-55mm.

Any input greatly appreciated! If you own a 1D Mk III, I'd love to hear what you think of it!

Denise