Okay, can someone help me to think here? I bought a 24-105 f/4 L IS USM out of a kit from a local dealer about three months ago for $900. That was a GREAT deal considering it was new. I have used the lens a lot, but I'm starting to realize that the image clarity isn't up to par with what I want in my photography. It's very versatile and makes a great vacation lens, or a great single lens, but I want SHARPNESS and SPEED.... weddings, events, portraits etc... I don't use it for that.

Do you think I should sell it (I have a buyer for $900 so I won't be taking a loss on it at all) and turn around and get an EF 24-70 f/2.8 L, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM (what I'm thinking I should do), or just keep the money until something nice comes out (I hear Canon is making a big announcement soon).

My current other lenses are EF 50 f/1.4, EF-S 60 2.8 Macro, EF 70-200 2.8 IS, Tokina 10-17mm fisheye. As you can see, I don't really have an "all-purpose" lens besides the 24-105 f/4 L. Keep in mind I have two cropped bodies (7D and 50D) and though it's always great to plan for the future, don't plan on upgrading to FF soon (MAYBE the 1DMKIV which may as well be FF for this point) Should I keep it or turn around and buy a faster one with less focal length? PLEASE HELP ME MAKE MY DECISION! I'll spend FOREVER deciding and maybe I'm over-looking some great points!

- Jordan

www.freshphotohawaii.com