Thread: My coolest computer manipulated photo ever!

My coolest computer manipulated photo ever!

I put more photoshop into this car to make it look super sweet then I've done to a photograph in a long time. Probably close to 500 to 800 individual actions in PS over 2 days to get this toy car looking as close to perfect as possible. Of course I had to rotate it, draw the shadows and then make a realistic flame out the exhaust but it needed major work to clean up all the small imperfection in the paint, scratches, umbrella shadows, dust from years of sitting, and messed up stickers and more. I am doing more macro/product type photography these days because I think that is going to be where my business is headed. Just having fun while business is slow.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ wheel stand by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

I added a sponsorship sticker for my business [H]

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ Freelance.com sponsorship by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

Re: My coolest computer manipulated photo ever!

That

Yea I thought about the wheel spin on the rear and that would not be that tough to do. I put a subtle burn out mark on the ground behind the rear wheel already. Any darker or wider and it did not look right. I don't want to go to extreme and take away the cleanliness of the car with the simple with background. The full res version on my mac screen looks so good where I don't get the same vibe when I down size them for the web but that's reality.

As far as additional touch ups all the chrome plastic needed heavy work and the paint had a lot of blemishes that really came out in the photograph. I had to go in and hide the outline of the decals that make them look like stickers. All the red on the body had to be softened/blurred slightly because of the texture in the paint. the chrome wheels needed major work because through the years they got discolored and the black plastic was showing through. Also had to redraw some of the motor and adjust its highlights because it was so reflective in sections. There must have been 100 dust specks that I could not see with my eye but when zoomed in you could see them all. Overall a ton of work but I enjoy that stuff. I'll get some wheel spin in there where if it looks good I switch it.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ wheel stand with wheel spin by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

This is great! I think your edits are perfect. Like I said, I can't pick any of your work without having to been told first, and that's how you know you've done it right when the audience just accepts the image at face value. The motion in the wheels just set it off for me, it gives the impression that you've captured a moment that would be missed if you blinked. You don't need a blurred body, the wheels always move faster than the body. Panned photos can freeze the body but not the wheels. This is a convincing image, I like it. It's got attitude!

If the web photo looks this good I'd love to see a full sized print!

That great work! I like the idea of putting a sponsor sticker on it! Job well done!
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Freelance...that is one awesome picture!!! I can't imagine the time spent in PS doing that!!! You must be single, with no kids or family!! Just kidding. Very, very impressive.....

Haha that shot is awesome![] 500-800 actions in PS sounds less appealing to be honest []

I am single and lately because of my freedom I

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    I've been staying up to the wee hours of the night. Its to hot outside during the day to enjoy anything so I'm ok with that

Guilty! I often tend to get up into my work completely. I was working on an edit for the last assignment and I started at 2300h and when I looked at the time again it was 0330h [] PS is addictive []

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    If an employer asked me to do this in front of them where I was being paid by the hour I would be fired.

Haha![Y]