Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    That's very good Brian, the HDR has created a storybook effect to my eyes. Beautiful home and beautiful image.
    Thanks Steve! The house is my in-laws' next door neighbor. I was on their dock for a better view of the sunset. I'm looking forward to sending them the image.

Great work Brian....
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Great shot Brian! The HDR is visible, but still quite natural. I like it.
    I often think the same when trying to photograph a nice sunset and looking back and seeing an even more interesting skyline.

On another note...I seem to have missed quite a few posts. Thanks for all the comments guys! I also see my photos are missing. Let's fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Great shot Brian! The HDR is visible, but still quite natural. I like it.
    Thanks Jan. I try to make HDRs look as natural as possible. The human eye + brain together can process such an incredible dynamic range. To me that's the allure of HDR...trying to approximate what we can see.

This picture is from a month or so ago, I shared it in another thread (Here)
    but at this time I consider it my personal best HDR

and a couple from yesterday just for fun

Last edited by Kombi; 07-02-2012 at 05:47 PM.

I'm not quite at your level yet and it doesn't look very natural (esp the clouds) but I like it a lot. It's made 15 shots (3 AEB * 5 sections) and converted into a pano with PS. It was the stunning view I had from my room during my latest trip in southern France.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-8227-Pano-hdr.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	1207

Any advice welcome!

Cheers,
    S.

[QUOTE=thekingb;71811]Time to bump this thread!

Very nice.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb View Post
    Thanks Jan. I try to make HDRs look as natural as possible. The human eye + brain together can process such an incredible dynamic range. To me that's the allure of HDR...trying to approximate what we can see.
    I have exactly the same idea of HDR. However I must say that I also like the artistic ones, but I'm just not good at them

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    This picture is from a month or so ago, I shared it in another thread (Here)
    but at this time I consider it my personal best HDR
    That's a great shot! If I can make one suggestion... Try to get rid of the blues on the black car. Especially on the wheels. I personally think it's a little distracting. The rest of the photo is pretty good. Cars sometimes have weird windshields. I have had a weird effect in them on some of my HDR's(sometimes even more visible with a polarizer filter). You certainly don't in this case. The reflection is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I'm not quite at your level yet and it doesn't look very natural (esp the clouds) but I like it a lot. It's made 15 shots (3 AEB * 5 sections) and converted into a pano with PS. It was the stunning view I had from my room during my latest trip in southern France.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-8227-Pano-hdr.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	1207

Any advice welcome!
    Oh come on, don't sell yourself short man! I think you did a great job there. Making a nice HDR isn't too easy, but making a HDR pano is a whole different story. My advice: keep on going!

My latest attempt. I only took 2 of the 3 shots for this one, because the horses where moving too much and I got too much ghosting. I only took the -2 and +2 exposure shots.

Sunset Lauwersmeer by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    I wouldnt say this is my best HDR but I still think its alright. I really struggled with the sky, but I think my composition works

IMG] Untitled_HDR2 by NickVitalePhotography, on Flickr[/IMG]