Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website home screen slideshow

I really like the site. I will view it from my desktop later tonight to get the full effect of the site (on iPad now). It has a warm and intimate feel, even without the slideshow.

The portfolio shots are great!

Dan
    There is beauty in simplicity.

1DX | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 50/1.2L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 100L Macro | 100-400L II | 300/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 2x III TC | 580EX II | MT-24EX | lots of stuff

Re: Website home screen slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    For what it's worth, Windows RT tablets CAN view flash... but only for sites on Microsoft's white-list. You can submit your URL to Microsoft and hope for the best. There is no "Just let me view it, damnit" button, and the hacks to enable a site are beyond the average user's ability. I think it's rather ridiculous.

That's really good to know. I used to work for Microsoft.. Still have a few friends in Redmond. I'll have to give them a call.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Just added my slideshow/mpeg to my Z-site. I didn't realize how much work that would be when I started on this. I still have a few tweeks to make, but it's getting closer. Hope you like blues, If not, just turn down the volume.

Check it out Here: http://rwilliamsimaging.com/

Thanks
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Just added my slideshow/mpeg to my Z-site. I didn't realize how much work that would be when I started on this. I still have a few tweeks to make, but it's getting closer. Hope you like blues, If not, just turn down the volume.

Thanks
    Looks great Bob! Dig the music too. I've gotten into blues really heavily the last couple of years.

Question: the controls for your video. Embedded in the video file or an option on the site?! If that's an option, either it's brand new or I missed it.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Oh, one thing I was going to mention to you. Under "Photographs" there is a link for a gallery labeled "Private". I'm assuming that's not supposed to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Looks great Bob! Dig the music too. I've gotten into blues really heavily the last couple of years.

Question: the controls for your video. Embedded in the video file or an option on the site?! If that's an option, either it's brand new or I missed it.
    Thanks Rocco. The controls are actually in Zenfolio under the "Customize Visitor View/Page Options/Slideshow then select the options you want for the navigation controller. Only one problem: when your video gets to the end, it doesn't loop back and the controller stops functioning. The only way you can replay the slideshow is to refresh your screen. You are also correct about my "private folder", that is where I keep my junk shots I use for discussion, examples etc, I guess I clicked one too many buttons sometime this week.

Thanks again,

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post

Thanks
    Bob

I know you have had this site up for some time, but my DSL has been a pain for a while, so this is the first chance I have had to look at your site. This is very impressive, I had forgotten just how many stunning humming bird shots you have taken. I even spotted my favorite, (100-400, heavy wing blur, sharp head and droplet on the bill) in the sideshow.

The shots that impressed me the most are the ones that tell a story, like two at a time, wait your turn and the bee was here first. I think you should give them a prominent place because they are WOW shots (IMHO).

Tony

PS: Is that a piece of stock music or do you know the band?
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post

PS: Is that a piece of stock music or do you know the band?
    Thanks for the input Tony--The slide show is a work in progress, so next time I will tryand apply some of your advice--thanks. The music is an owned track that is included in a plugin called "Smart Tracks" that comes with Adobe Premier Elements 11. It has 24 "owned" tracks that you can adjust and modify to meet your needs; and of course it has provides access to stock music that you can buy.

Thanks again,

Bob
    Bob