Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Release Camera Strap?

Quick Release Camera Strap?

I'm looking for either a whole new strap or a way to make my Canon strap easy to attach/detach. If I'm shooting within the confines of my house or many other indoor venues I never use the strap and more often than not it just gets in my way. However, if I am outdoors and anywhere where it's not convenient to put my camera down then I absolutely want to have the strap on.

Sure I could just put my strap on and off but it's a bit of tedious task and I'd love a strap that just "clips" on and off. I remember back in the good-old-days SLR's has rings attached to the mounts on the bodies and colorful woven cloth straps that had clip connectors so it was easy to take them on and off.

I forgot to mention, I just spent about 20 minutes on both Adorama and B&H's websites but didn't see anything that really looked like what I want. Suggestions???

Re: Quick Release Camera Strap?

I bet there is something out there, but I also guess you could DIY pretty easily.

I am considering a DIY alternative

Ritz has a decent neoprene strap with buckles . Canon CPS has a really nice once you get when you join up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehcalum

Ritz has a decent neoprene strap with buckles . Canon CPS has a really nice once you get when you join up.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

[url="http://www.ritzcamera.com/camera-straps.htm?bct=t13031003%3Bcidigital-cameras-and-accessories%3Bcibags-cases-straps]These[/url] are all of the ones I've seen at Ritz. Is it one of them?

<span class="style1"]Based on this I won't becoming a CPS member any time soon [:'(]

<span class="style1"]<span class="CpsBoxText"]To be eligible for membership of CPS, you need to:

I did a DIY one myself using a single carabiner and a Keyring Loop. It only attaches to one side of the camera which some people don't like, but i personally find it a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleko

I did a DIY one myself using a single carabiner and a Keyring Loop. It only attaches to one side of the camera which some people don't like, but i personally find it a lot easier.

Thanks. Are these things I can pick up at the Home Depot? I'm thinking they won't have a carabiner small enough?

Check out the Upstrap, they have a quick-release model (and the strap itself is pretty nice, I've got one for my 50D and it's worked out well so far).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson

Quote Originally Posted by Ehcalum

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

[url="http://www.ritzcamera.com/camera-straps.htm?bct=t13031003%3Bcidigital-cameras-and-accessories%3Bcibags-cases-straps]These[/url] are all of the ones I've seen at Ritz. Is it one of them?

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Yes, I had the curved one on my 40D. Its quite comfortable actually, and the clips are strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson

Quote Originally Posted by Maleko

Thanks. Are these things I can pick up at the Home Depot? I'm thinking they won't have a carabiner small enough?

I was able to find one at a DIY store, I put something together like this:
    (I guess you could do the same and have 2 straps instead of the one, some people don't like how the camera hangs on one, but hey, each to their own! Works well for me at weddings etc)

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.30.49/strap1.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.30.49/strap2.jpg[/img]