Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Ok...a bit surprised, but this thread hasn't been used since July.....ok...time to remedy that....

I believe this is a Female Harrier. Taken at Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive with Mike (Busted Knuckles)

6S0A0539 by kayaker72, on Flickr

and...brunch:

6S0A0579 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant
    Brant,

I didn't do much at all with my back yard set up this summer and fall.....I do have nice sets of bird images from Alaska and Ecuador. Guess I better get with it and start posting -

I like the images you have here, especially with prey item in it's talons but I think this might be a Red Shouldered Hawk. I don't see the typical white patch at the base of the tail that seems prominent on Harrier's.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Brant,

I didn't do much at all with my back yard set up this summer and fall.....I do have nice sets of bird images from Alaska and Ecuador. Guess I better get with it and start posting -
    Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    I like the images you have here, especially with prey item in it's talons but I think this might be a Red Shouldered Hawk. I don't see the typical white patch at the base of the tail that seems prominent on Harrier's.

Joel

Yep, I see it now. I've seen several Red Shouldered Hawks in Florida over the years with different coloring. I think this may be an immature hawk (but, I could easily be wrong), which threw me off.