Thread: 5D Mark III

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    Don't sell the 7D. Save up longer and keep two bodies. That way, you'll have a backup body if one needs repair. You'll also get to take advantage of the 7D's 8fps burst if shooting fast action and the 1.6x crop factor if you need more reach out of your lenses.
    I may end up keeping the 7D anyway, not having much luck selling it. I did think about having two bodies, but selling made more sense to me at least financially.
    EOS R5 and EOS R with RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, Extender EF 2x III, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 35mm f/1.2 IS USM, RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM, GORUCK GR-1 with TrekPak insert

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I may end up keeping the 7D anyway, not having much luck selling it. I did think about having two bodies, but selling made more sense to me at least financially.
    here's a recommendation: buy two pocket wizards and a pocket wizard remote trigger cable. put a wide-angle lens on the 7d and a telephoto on the 5d. whenever the 5d fires, the 7d captures the whole scene. works beautifully for sports.

Quote Originally Posted by memostothefuture View Post
    here's a recommendation: buy two pocket wizards and a pocket wizard remote trigger cable. put a wide-angle lens on the 7d and a telephoto on the 5d. whenever the 5d fires, the 7d captures the whole scene. works beautifully for sports.

I'll give it a try when I get the 5D3, thanks for the recommendation.

Trent
    EOS R5 and EOS R with RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, Extender EF 2x III, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 35mm f/1.2 IS USM, RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM, GORUCK GR-1 with TrekPak insert