One of the features that I really looked forward to when I bought my 7D was the Auto-ISO. Well, I used it for the first time yesterday to shoot over a thousand pics---and lets just say I am not impressed. I normally shoot manual so I am frequently checking my meter and histogram --no problems, except those I make. But yesterday I was shooting in a lot of different and changing lighting conditions and decided to give Auto-ISO a try. When in the field, evrything looks pretty good, histogram is balanced and shots look ok on the viewer. But when I got home and downloaded all of my shots I was dissapointed to find out that when enlarged to full screen the noise was not tolerable, it seems that I let my aperture tighten down to f14, didn't notice it and the resulting ISO was 3200---way beyond my satisfaction level. Most of my shots looked ok in an average loupe view, but when cropped, or placed in full screen---no good. Now I know most of this was my fault because I was'nt checking settings frequently, but unlike the other auto settings that show significant errors in camera, the auto ISO does not. I still think it is a great feature for the right situation, but use it wisely.

I am curious what others think about Auto-ISO?---Someone mentioned in another string that you should be able to limit the AUTO-ISO---I agree. Maybe we can get canon to inlcude that on thier next firmware update [:P]

Here is one I had high hopes for, but the noise is just too much---even after heavy post processing.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/5282.Coyote.jpg[/img]