Hi everyone, I've meant to write this post a long time agoto share with you guys my sharpening technique that I have learned and used the past couple years.

Here is the imageright after resizing and without any sharpening applied to it.

This image was resized from its original size of 3596 x 2397 to 750 x 500. Every time you resize an image you NEED to sharpen it. Below is the sharpened version of the above image.

After I resized the image to 750 x 500 in Adobe Photoshop CS2, I use Smart Sharpen with the Amount of 100%, Radius 0.1 and REMOVE = Lens Blur. The Shadow and Highlight tabs I left them at default.

Can you see the differences between the two versions?

Remember the needed amount of sharpening depends on the size of the image. If you have a different dimension you need to play with the amount until you get a desirable result. I use the same technique for my images on Photo.net, but with different amount of sharpening.

Never Never Never post the originalsize of yourimage on the web, if you do so, you'd either get a very soft image or an oversharpened image or only part of the original image.

Last but not least, never cheat yourself by resizing and sharpeninga soft and out of focus image. We all know that a soft small size image with some sharppeningcan look quitesharp and nicewhen displayed on the web.[]

Thanks for reading,everyone and feel free to comment or chipin if you have any other tips.[]

Image taken with Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS USM, f/4, 1/640, ISO 250, Manual Exposure, handheld.

Nate.