Thread: Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne- If I recall correctly this video was posted some time ago and I don't think the 1D IV was the camera of choice. Obviously, Canon says it is but it just seems out of order for the time of the release of the camera and when I originally saw the video which was over a month ago. Could they have shot the same video withthe 7D also?

Re: Nocturne

Huh? Vincent Laforet shot it, said he shot it with the 1D4 (using two pre-production bodies), so what is there to question?

I haven't touched either the 1D4 or the 7D, but assuming that VL's claims are correct, there's NO WAY it could have been shot with a 7D.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Re: Nocturne

Ken C,

go here: http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/

I have a feeling you missed his famous video "Reverie" during the release of the 5D MkII last year.

Same thing happened last year. Canon Corporate Japan asked him to take it down for a period during the release of the camera. Apparently, they need time over there to verify if what was shot was truly shot on their product. It's one thing for Laforet to make claims. It's a whole other ball of wax for them to use his video to make claims.

Never-the-less, I have to say that Vincent's work and enthusiasmare quite inspiring.