Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do ?

What do you do ?

I liked the "where are you from" string, and thought it may be interesting to see what you all do for a job.

Me, Paramedic past nineteen years

Re: What do you do ?

Graphic Designer/Photographer in publishing.

Software Engineer by day (14 years). Astronomer by night. History nerd on the weekends. And photographer 24/7. (Combining interests is really fun, such "History of Astrophotography Software Engineering")

IT Manager at a consulting firm before, and at a bank now... Photography/photographer as a serious hobby

Retail Store Assistant Manager.

Ijust started tosell stock photos.

Graphic Designer/Photographer, owner of my own graphic studio together with my wife.

Currently trying to blend Integration Systems Services (Glorified remote control programming and installation, among various A/V, Lighting, HVAC etc widgets) with Photography services (though most everything has been low income on that side so far, but experience is nice [] and aspire to roll professional archery into that, if possible, though getting that lined up is a bit of a task between everything else.

In a nutshell, I have aspirations of my paying work being a lot more fun! if I can increase my income, that'd be nice too.

Drill and Blast Engineer for an underground copper mine in Australia. I blow stuff up for a living and take photos of other stuff for fun!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

I was a graphic designer and later an art director for over ten years but I lost my job and because of the crisis I have been unable to find anything else for over a year. Being 35 I am considered too old in a market with massive youth unemployement. The graphic design field (where I live) is going through rough times and not hiring but firing.

I went to photo school to challenge myself creatively but it doesnt start until september 2009. I can hardly wait! It's a parttime edication though so I still need a job. Blech! (not blech to the job but blech to there not being enough jobs out there for a lot of people at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor
    I blow stuff up for a living!

Wooooow! []

Where do I apply?