Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Got the 7D?

Anyone Got the 7D?

Just picked up the first one in my local camera shop yesterday and it rocks!! Still learning the ins-and-outs of it(will be doing that for a while I hope), but I am loving it! Ayone else have some feedback?

Re: Anyone Got the 7D?

Darnit now, quit teasing me. I just bought another lens in order to do an upcoming wedding. I won't be able to get the 7D for quite some time.

I only hear good things from reviews about the 7D, personally I won't get one, I'll save that lil bit more for a 5DMKII

Seriously Sean, why do you want it so much? It's not *that* attractive if you ask me - the weather sealing is not even a *real* weather sealing (shame on you Canon!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Oren

It's not *that* attractive if you ask me
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Have to agree on that, its nothing, AMAZING, if they put a 1.3x sensor on it, then it would be more attractive to me, but its just another 1.6 crop body with a few new bells and whistles.

Seriously Sean, why do you want it so much? It's not *that* attractive if you ask me - the weather sealing is not even a *real* weather sealing (shame on you Canon!!!).
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

It has two things that I really want--movie mode and a pop-up flash commander. Both are very attractive features to me.

I've had it since Monday, this weekend will be the first serious IQ test, but so far it is a very very worthy upgrade from my 40d.

Everyone of it's so called 'bells and whistles' has added value to my shooting experience. In relationship to it's intended class and price point I think it's flat out fantastic. In comparison to the 40d; focus is better, exposure is better, wireless flash works great for my purposes, viewfinder is a dream experience, camera control and flexibility is in another stratosphere, handles and balances better, usable ISO is wider and the list goes on.

The perfect camera doesn't exist at any price so there will be no shortage of people who will wish something was better or some feature was added and I'm certain pixel peepers will target noise at some level simply because it's a 1.6, but I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett
    I've had it since Monday, this weekend will be the first serious IQ test, but so far it is a very very worthy upgrade from my 40d.

Don, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Could I ask for a favor? Any chance of posting some 100% crops of shots taken at narrow apertures (f/10 or narrower)? I'm really curious to see how much diffraction would affect the shots. The very low DLA is the only thing that's making me nervous about buying it.

Thank you,

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Printezis
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett
    Don, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Could I ask for a favor? Any chance of posting some 100% crops of shots taken at narrow apertures (f/10 or narrower)? I'm really curious to see how much diffraction would affect the shots. The very low DLA is the only thing that's making me nervous about buying it.

Thank you,

Tony

Check out this thread : Myth busted: smaller pixels have more noise, less dynamic range, worse diffraction, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb
    Now my rough calculation of the 7D is that it&rsquo;s DLA is 6.9. Would I be like Bryan and regretted going much past f/8 with the 7D?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    If you are happy with *some* improvement, then you will not regret it. Diffraction will never cause the 7D to have *worse* resolution. But in extreme circumstances (e.g. f/22+) it will only be the same, not better. At f/11, the returns will be diminished so that the 7D is only somewhat better. (If you use the special software below, you can get those returns back.) In order to enjoy the full benefit of the additional resolution, one must avoid going past the DLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleko

It's not *that* attractive if you ask me
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Have to agree on that, its nothing, AMAZING, if they put a 1.3x sensor on it, then it would be more attractive to me, but its just another 1.6 crop body with a few new bells and whistles.

Not everyone likes APS-C SLRs, but they are great for macro and wildlife. I don't see why so many people think that FF sensors are the greatest, when they can buy a digital medium format camera--a "fuller full-frame". []

For what I photograph, the 7D would be nothing less than AMAZING!