Thread: flash prices

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

flash prices

What is a good price for a used 580ex or a 430ex?

Re: flash prices

Are you talking about the mark I or mark II?

I purchased a used 580exII from Adorama for less than $350. It was in like new condition (though their description of it said it was a couple notches below like new but I don't see why) and included everything except the manual. I am still surprised I got such a good deal, it is tough to find a 580exII for that price even on a person to person sale such as here or FM.

I can't say off hand what the 430exII goes for, but I regularly check FM's Buy/Sell forums which are very active. Check them out to get an idea of used values on pretty much anything.

Braden

I purchased a used (like new) 430 ex II from someone on this site back in March for $175 (includes shipping). He was asking $190 but since I also bought his 50mm for $250, I got the flash for $175.

Denise

I was going to buy an additional new 580EX 2 yesterday and Canon's prices have gotten so high. I looked at buying the additional flash as I bought the Radiopopper trigger JrX studio system with their canon cube attachment for the 580 and thought it be cool to add a second flash for some more dynamic lighting. Ended up skipping the additional 580EX and will stick with my Alien Bee strobes plus my standard 580EX and look at adding the new Vagabond Mini Lithium portable battery so I can take my higher power lighting anywhere for $240. For the price of the 580EX II you can buy a AB1600 strobe unit and have way more light and accessory options.

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

ok so does anyone have a 580ex mark 1 or 2 that they are looking to sell for a reasonable price?