Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1D X images

1D X images

In addition to the ISO 12233 charts and the color patches/fabric shots in the growing 1D X review, maybe folks would like to see some real world images...

This was a small outdoor jazz concert at a local science museum, featuring Nathan and the Zydeco Cha-Chas. The shots below were taken about 30 minutes after sunset, ISO 4000 and 12800.

Shot RAW, converted using default settings in DPP, only edit was cropping. Click image then View All Sizes (upper right) for a 1600 pixel version. Thanks for looking!

EOS 1D X, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM @ 200mm, 1/320 s, f/2.8, ISO 4000

EOS 1D X, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM @ 200mm, 1/250 s, f/2.8, ISO 4000

EOS 1D X, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM @ 70mm, 1/200 s, f/5, ISO 12800

The 3rd shot should have had an even narrower aperture for a little more DoF, I think. That's my older daughter on stage, singing into the mic.

One more, from before the start of the concert, my younger daughter at the bubbles exhibit. A 12 fps burst is great for capturing a key moment.

EOS 1D X, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM @ 70mm, 1/200 s, f/2.8, ISO 100

Neuro,

Nice series....looks like a fun concert.

Count me as impressed with the quality at ISO 4,000-12,800. Pretty remarkable. At least, I can't say images from the 7D at ISO 12,800 (or 4,000) look that good.

Brant
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 07-17-2012 at 05:17 PM.

John, Thanks a bunch for sharing---These are incredible images, especially considering the iso they were shot at----Even though there is a small glitch with the AFMA that I am sure Canon will fix in the near future; these are impressive images. Unfortunately, I am afraid that I have violated one of the ten commandments----Though shalt not covet.........-----trust me, I am coveting. I can't wait to see more images and more "real world reviews" from you.

Congrats,

Bob
    Bob

Nice Images! I'm royally impressed. There appears to be a certain level of realism that I can't explain.

The colors and contrast look great! The exposures look good and the white balance looks perfect. I'm noticing the whites really pop on this camera, as in photo #3 (ISO 12,800); his shirt and her hat. That's the best noise that I've "never" seen. The level of detail and micro-contrast looks wonderful too, especially at these higher ISO's!

The last one of your younger daughter at ISO 100, looks Zeiss like!

I'm giddy! I'm ready to order one!

Congrats and enjoy,
    Rich

Great representation John. It looks like this is the camera to have for low light situations. I can see how this camera will be a big hit for sports shooters, or any event where low light is an issue.

Rick

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! How could anything ever get better than that! All of these shots are nothing but fantastic, John! You are one lucky man ...the family, the gear, the good life!

Thanks for sharing those images with us! I'm going to paraphrase the others but it's worth it. Great ISO 4000 images I'd be glad to be able to take those with my 7D. I'm not even talking about the ISO 12'800... brillant!

We want more, we want more...

Very very nice .... looks like I will have to sell some gear and borrow some $$ ... impressive.

Congrats John, great series, incredible image quality from those settings.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Highly impressive at those ISOs. Thanks John.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30