A couple of shots I've taken recently.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.08/_5F00_MG_5F00_5850-copy-small.jpg[/img]

strobist: 1 Vivitar 285HV, camera right (in room behind subject), 1/16 power, bare, with a full CTB gel. 1 Vivitar 285HV, camera left high and pointed downward, 1/4 power, shot using a 15 degree SaxonPC grid in foam housing and a full CTO gel. Triggered via Cybersyncs.

The following shot wasn't exactly planned. The owner wanted me to take a shot of his automobile sometime in the future, but wanted me to see the car first. When we met, I decided to throw up some lightstands, screw on a polarizer, and see what we could get right then and there. The backdrop is certainly not ideal for the portrait, but I was proud of how well the car looked under the strobes that I decided to post the test shot to flickr anyway. Eventually the owner wants me to do a couple more sessions with the automobile. He's hoping to have it published in a calendar next year.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.08/_5F00_MG_5F00_5883_5F00_heal-copy-small.jpg[/img]

strobist: 1 Vivitar 285HV, camera right, full power, pointed at the back of the car. 1 Vivitar 285HV, camera right, full power, pointed at the front panel. 1 Vivitar 285HV, camera right, ground level, 1/2 power, pointed at the wheel. 1 Vivitar 285HV, camera left, full power, pointed at the hood. Flashes triggerd via Cybersyncs. A B&W circular polarizer was used.