A problem. I only buy Canon L series, quality is paramount. I own a 5D MK1 and a 400D. Ill upgrade the 400 but not the 5D as it rocks. Anyway, i currently do a lot of landscapes, buildings, derolict buildings, old trains and a little Macro. I basically do most things as the mood takes me. My lens line up is:

16-35 MK 2 f2.8

24-105 F4

70-200 f2.8 IS

180 f3.5 Macro

Sigma 50 f2.8.

I now wish to do wildlife but im really stuck on the above lens choice. Checking out the forums i see it as this. The 100-400 zoom has good reach and IS but its a zoom, doesnt quiet have the prime quality and with a converter will be slow and struggling in low light, even on the 5D.

The 300 f4 has IS has prime optics and can be hand held but even with a converter doesnt have the reach of the 400.

400 f5.6 Has the reach, can be hand held has the optical quality but no IS and is a bit slow with a converter so id need good light.

So, as most wildlife shots would be mornings or later in an evening, i need good reach and quality is paramount. Using very high shutter speeds so i will need a fairly wide apeture.

Decisions decisions.

Mick