Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear LCD screen protector

Rear LCD screen protector

I now own a 7D and I really love the clarity of this screen; I'm wondering if I should purchase a screen protector for it. I don't want to degrade the quality of the screen or darken it. Does anyone have experience with the Zagg invisibleShield?
    --

I bought the Zagg shield for my 7D and ended up returning it - the protector for the top LCD was about 0.5 mm too wide, and it extended off the clear plastic and over the seam onto the black part of the case, meaning the fit wasn't flush. Having said that, the product itself is nice - I have them on both of my daughters' iPads, and they work quite well. I might try one for the 1D X when I get it...

I've had a Zagg screen protector on (2) Palm Pilots, (4) phones, (1) MP3 Player, and (2) two camera bodies. In my opinion, they are a worthwhile investment.

I have the GGS glass protector on both the 7D and my T1i. It's a thin slice of glass with a border and adhesive (that won't make a mess if removed). It works great and doesn't blur or darken the screen. Really quite scratch-resistant as well. Just be careful if you buy one. There are a lot of knockoffs out there.
    Mark - Flickr

I'll look into the GGS, haven't seen that type of product yet. For the two that replied that have used Zagg, does it darken the picture at all?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    For the two that replied that have used Zagg, does it darken the picture at all?
    I don't know that it really darkens the picture, per se; however, it does change the look of the screen. The material is not smooth and flat--it has a textured surface that can cause a bit more glare on the screen. Overall, I never found it to be that much of an issue.

Good experience with ZAGG products on other electronics. Just applied them to 7D and 5D2 last week. Really clear display.

No issues with fit, like John mentioned, but did experience that with an iPad protector. Chalked that up to QA issue and returned it to local store for exchange.
    There is beauty in simplicity.

1DX | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 50/1.2L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 100L Macro | 100-400L II | 300/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 2x III TC | 580EX II | MT-24EX | lots of stuff

I think I may take my chances; I watched a video on how to replace the canon screen protector if it gets scratched- it looks pretty easy.
    --

I started looking into the GGS screen protector, and I was pretty impressed (considering the price). I ordered one from Amazon for a 5D Mark II. We'll see how it goes.

I watched a video on it as well as looked at before and after comparisons, it appeared to cause a lot of glare. I'm interested to read your thoughts on your new purchase when you have time to test it.
    --