My daughter shoots a lot of sports for her school newspaper and online website. On a few occasions she also freelances for the local newspaper. During the school year, she shoots several thousands frames a week. She currently uses a Canon XT and a Canon XTi w/BG-E3 grip. She is usually equipped with the EF 300mm f/4.0 L USMon one camera and the EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM on the other.

I want to get her an upgraded Canon body for Christmas. The 7D is really nice, but I'mconsidering other Canon bodies simply becuase of the cost.

I have a 1D MKII, so the 1D MKII N is appealing for it's commonality and frame rate. In my area, they are running a little over $1,000. I'm also looking at the 50D as it seemsto be a huge upgrade over the XT series cameras both in frame rate and high ISO image quality. I can find used 50D's for around $800 and new bodies less than $1000.

I'm wondering if anyone out there is using a 50D as a primary sports body. I'm especially interested in it's performance at high ISO in bad light.

Give me your thoughts...