Thread: Lowepro Flash Bag?

Lowepro Flash Bag?

I have a Lowepro CompuTrekker Plus AW Backpackand would like to buy a Lowepro accessory bag to store my 580EX flash and also to attach to my backpack. Is there such a bag? I cannot find one. The closest thing I could find to match this description is the Lowepro Lens Case 2 but it seems like it would be a little bulky for what intend to store in it.

Re: Lowepro Flash Bag?

I wonder if one of the pouches, such as the Sliplock Pouch 30, would work?

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

I wonder if one of the pouches, such as the [url="http://products.lowepro.com/product/SlipLock-Pouch-30,2039.htm]Sliplock Pouch 30[/url], would work?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    That's exactly what I was thinking but it's too short for a 580EX

Size(Interior):
    3.7W X 2.2D X 5.9H in./

Is there a local store at which you can try one out? I ask because in my quest for lens cases, the Lowepro Lens case 1W specifications state a 100mm internal diameter, but my EW83J lens hood, which measures ~107mm in diameter, slides down into the case reasonably well (tight, but I didn't have to force it). I just brought the hood into the camera store (which charges double what Amazon does for the case). When the case (which I bought from Amazon) arrives on Wednesday, I'll try the whole lens. My point is that the measurements are 'approximate' and the flash may, in fact, fit.

Mark,

I was recently at an army surplus store (it's called army barracks and they have a few stores here around New England), looking for some pouches and a few other bits and pieces. I came across a great case originally intended for a (huge, by the looks of it!) police / army / whatever radio. And it happens to fit the 580 EX II like a glove. At first glance it looks a bit tight, but the sides are elastic and give enough for the 580 EX II to slot in easily. The case seems pretty durable and has two belt loops which should fit in the Lowepro hoops (I can check when I get home if you want me to). And at $14.99, IIRC, it was a bargain.

Anyway, for what it is worth...

Tony

ThanksTony Printezisandneuroanatomist. I think I am going to followneuroanatomist's advice and try to see one for myself in a store. Unfortunately I'm unaware of any decent local camera shops (so many have closed in the past 5 years) so I'll probably end up at Best Buy :-( Oh well, they do carry a lot of Lowepro bags so maybe I'll get lucky. It stinks because Tamrac has the perfect solution right here. It's too bad that it won't fit on the Lowepro loops. I got one for Christmas, which I had to return, and it's loop system is too wide.

Can I interest you in Think Tank's line of flash bags?

Lightning Flash http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...ning-fast.aspx

Skin Strobe http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...robe-case.aspx

The first one is padded and the second one isn't. According to reviews, both units could house two 580s for a very very tight fit (you'll have to remove the padding for the Lightning Flash for this to work)

The LowePro Sliplock Pouch 50 AW is perfect for two 580 flashes. It sits at the front left position of my LowePro belt/suspenders combo, unless I need to raid it for another bag. See Bryan's review; I recommend the piece of foam between them, or put one/both in their Canon pouch.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.