Page 288 of 558 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    Great shot, Joel.

What is that little goober off to the side of the birds pirch? Artifact from post? or something on a spider web? It just caught my eye amongst the silky-smooth bokeh
    I think it's a little piece of bark falling off...I thought about removing it at one time ...then I guess I just forgot about it

What to do when it's heavy overcast after a rain storm....try ultra high ISO.....

1D MKIV
    500mm +1.4 TC
    AV mode
    Evaluative metering + 1/3 stop
    ISO 4000
    f/5.6
    1/640

Very nice for ISO 4000, Joel! Very impressive!

IMG_6200 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Great shot, Denise! Really nice composition.
    There is beauty in simplicity.

1DX | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 50/1.2L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 100L Macro | 100-400L II | 300/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 2x III TC | 580EX II | MT-24EX | lots of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by DanoPhoto View Post
    Great shot, Denise! Really nice composition.
    +1, expert shot Denise.
    And Joel, I love that dove shot, the colours on that bird are so varied and subtle, I had no idea that bird was so beautiful.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Very nice for ISO 4000, Joel! Very impressive!

IMG_6200 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    Thanks, I am loving your Killdeer images....I saw some here recently along a gravel road and you have inspired me to go out and get some images of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    +1, expert shot Denise.
    And Joel, I love that dove shot, the colours on that bird are so varied and subtle, I had no idea that bird was so beautiful.
    Thanks Steve, the Doves are very nice especially the iridescence on the neck area.

It was such a dreary & foggy day for my trip to Horicon Marsh today that the only ones that really turned out are the killdeer photos when the sun started to come out right before I was leaving! Is it normal for very drab days like this to make it hard to auto-focus? They looked sharp and in-focus in my viewfinder but now that I am home, I see many of them are definitely not sharp

Here are a few others from today, I think I slightly over-processed them in an attempt to save them ...

IMG_5973 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_5955 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_6140 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

There definitely wasn't too many birds out there, I should have waited a few weeks for my spring trip!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    It was such a dreary & foggy day for my trip to Horicon Marsh today that the only ones that really turned out are the killdeer photos when the sun started to come out right before I was leaving! Is it normal for very drab days like this to make it hard to auto-focus? They looked sharp and in-focus in my viewfinder but now that I am home, I see many of them are definitely not sharp

Here are a few others from today, I think I slightly over-processed them in an attempt to save them ...

!
    You came away with some very nice keepers....did you rent a lens for the trip?

I think low contrast and low light situations definitely affect autofocus capability. Any atmospheric disturbance does too such as heat waves. Mist and fog really make it tough to get razor sharp images.

PS I went out at sunset tonight and found some Killdeer....have to process them and then I will post.