Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Lapse

Time Lapse

I made this time lapse video this weekend after being inspired by a previous thread on the forums.

It's far from perfect but I think it's a really interesting way to see the night sky and the movement of the stars relative to us.

Would love some feedback and any advice from those who have some experience making videos etc. The biggest problem I'm facing is the banding of noise (not sure what it's technically called but I know Daniel has some issues with it), it's hard to remove in post that's for sure. THIS is where the Canon 14mm f/2.8L would be a nice addition to my kit.

Two nights worth of photos totalling 1459 files. Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 17-40mm f/4L @ ISO 1250, f/4, 25sec exposure.

Hope you enjoy, Ben.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Very cool

Nice one Ben.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Outstanding
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Thanks guys.

It actually got a bit hairy on Saturday night. I used the parker lights on the ute to light up the foreground and would set my alarm to wake up every hour or so to run the car and keep the battery charged. However, I slept through my alarm for about 4 hrs and woke up to a dead battery. I was perched on the side of a hill with about 5m behind me and had to do a reverse roll start downhill, luckily it worked first time because I wouldn't have had another chance and it was a good 10km walk back to the highway. So, I will be buying an LED flood light in future that can run off a separate battery to prevent being stranded.

Also found a snake under the tripod at one point when I checked up on the camera, luckily it was only an olive python so I picked him up and moved it out of the way, if it were an eastern brown snake (which are pretty common), I'd more than likely have driven back into town to get the rifle before moving him off. I'm not big on killing snakes for the hell of it, but if it came down to either him or me taking posession of that camera then he'd have to lose that custody battle.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Crocodile Bendee.
    Steve U

Very cool. Well done.

Nice clear skies with little light pollution.
    Mark - Flickr

what people do to get the shot... And I thought I was brave climbing out-of-bounds area in some ruins and almost getting wet.
    Great background story Ben, and a great video.

Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Crocodile Bendee.
    A top notch "Dad Joke" if I've ever seen one Steve

Hey!!! I resemble that remark.
    Steve U