Thread: Finally got a chance to get these shots...

Finally got a chance to get these shots...

Two or three times a week I bike past Grenadier Pond in Toronto. The sunset here always impressed me, and so did the atmosphere. There is an wide array of creative possibilities here at sunset, and after. I took these between 7:40PM and 7:50PM.

What do you like about these? What could be improved? Tips for future shoots?

Thanks in advance

.[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/628x425/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.94/_5F00_MG_5F00_9595.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/628x425/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.94/_5F00_MG_5F00_9608.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.94/_5F00_MG_5F00_9571.jpg[/img]

Re: Finally got a chance to get these shots...

Very good, I dig it! Very nice use of the rule of thirds, iw ould take it one further by placing the horizon at a third as well, I'd love to see some headshots taken in that light.

I like them all very much. I would appreciate if you shared camera/lens/setings/post processing.

Nice sky and reflections, I like the silhouettes, I like the detail of the building in the middle photo, I like the composition.

It's amazing how nicely one can arrange a sunset, water, a pole and couple of buildings.

The vignetting seems uneven in the last picture, or maybe it's just me.

Overall, very nice work.

I like the first one the most. I like the proportions. I like the colors. I like the textures. I like the symmetry provided by the reflection. I like that you have enough space above and below to let us see the whole range of the fade, but not so much as to feel like there's just a whole bunch of emptiness.

First of all, thanks for your comments!

And yes, the light there is fabulous. It's definitely on my go-to list for portraits.

All were shot with the Tokina 12-24 f/4 zoom on my 40D. Since I was biking, my tripod had to stay at home - still trying to find a way to get it on to the LP Mini Trekker...

1. ISO 100, f/8.0, 1/320, 12mm

2. ISO 100, f/8.0, 1/80, 24mm

3. ISO 100, f/8.0, 1/250, 20mm

Also, piioo:

The "vignetting" in the last image is the result of the water, I believe.

I adjusted contrast and saturation in Lightroom.