I have a Canon 400D which has a EF 24-105 f/4 L IS attached to it and a 5DMII with a EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS lens attached to it. I have just received the new 100f/2.8 Macro L IS lens.

I do not like changing lenses when out for various reasons including no control over whether I might have dust or sand blow into the lens or the body or drop the lens etc. I would rather have one body with the ideal lens for that purpose attached to it and so can have the ability to quickly shoot with the appropriate camera.

I am considering adding a camera body and am deciding between adding either the new7Dor getting a second 5DMII. After using the 5D for a fewmonths I have come to understand and to appreciate the camera's ability and looking at thecomparsion tool here I can see that the 7D IQis superior to the 50D and the 5D MII is superior tothe 7D.

IfI get the 7D I will likely move the 70-200 lens to it and the f/2.8 macrowill go to the400D and the versatile 24-105 will go to the5D.

If I geta second 5D MII, the two 5Ds will get the 70-200 and the 24-105 and the 400D will have the macro.

The three optics are so good that I really want these attached to the best bodies for each. Perhaps I should just get another 5DMII a 7D and attach the 70-200 to7D.

Will I see a significant difference in the IQbetween the 400D and the 7D with the 70-200 lens? I suspect that I will. I suspect that the 70-200 f/2.8 L IS is such a good lens that it deserves a more capable body.

Any and all suggestionsare greatly appreciated and I thank you good people for your kind comments in advance.