Thread: missed opportunities

missed opportunities

thought i would share some missed opportunity shots, either my mistakes, or the bird flew the other way. just feel like putting up something on the lighter side and to show that, hey, we all make mistakes, and i'm not embarresed about my screw ups. funny comments are glady appreciated, or if you are not embarresed about a shot you or your subject screwed up, please feel free to add them

i hope everyone gets a laugh

red bellied woodpecker that took off away from me

nuthatch having a little scratch......i actually like this shot....makes me smile

nuthatch flew right by me......wrong camera setting......didnt have servo focus on, and only used centre focus point

Re: missed opportunities

good idea. Here's one from this spring. Too slow on the shutter.

Ah finally a thread where my photos belong!

Let me just search for my least worst picture []

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]Shot with a 70-200mm on a 40D set at 200mm. Center point focus (missed to the right) with the wrong "iris diaphragm" to boot.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.40.90/meg.jpg[/img]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The second is where the other dog got jealous and parked her butt right in front of my camera as I was shooting.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I went ahead and shot up her back for a decent shot.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] She later turned her head back to me as if to say "What?" which proves my point about women. All of them (regardless of breed), know exactly what they are doing.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.40.90/bella.jpg[/img]
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.