Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few Shots from Kaua'i for your perusal...

A few Shots from Kaua'i for your perusal...

Just got back from Kaua'i last Thursday. I got a few shots done, plenty more to come....just a few to wet your appetite!! All photos taken with 1D4 and either Nikon 14-24G, 24-105L, 50 1.2L, Sigma 30 1.4, and 70-200 2.8Lll....and some taken with Pany LX-5, too...as always, comments and critique welcome...Thanks for looking, Gregg

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8738.Classic-Palm.jpg[/img]

Hanalei Pier

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0451.Hanalei-Bay-Pier.bw.jpg[/img]

Hanalei Bay

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1777.Pebbles-on-the-Beach.jpg[/img]

HDR from inside the Pier

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1033.Inside-Pier2.hdr.jpg[/img]

HDR looking thru the Hyatt in Poipu

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0842.Hyatt.HDR.jpg[/img]

Kilauea Lighthouse...6 stop ND and CPL on 24-105L for this one

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/575x864/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0523.Kilauea-Lighthouse.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8037.Washed-Up.HDR.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8322.Up-for-Air.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3264.Grass-Umbrella.jpg[/img]

a couple 3 shot HDR's taken with the Pany LX-5

Inside the Marriott, Lihue

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/575x864/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3771.Columns.HDR.jpg[/img]

inside the lobby, Marriott, Lihue

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/575x864/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2146.Palm-Reflection.jpg[/img]

Mason and I....

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4606.Parrot.jpg[/img]

And the best for last....'Lil Photographer!!!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/864x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4010.Lil-Photographer.jpg[/img]

Cheers, Gregg

Re: A few Shots from Kaua'i for your perusal...

Lovely shots, all of them. Some of the HDRs were really stunning. One question: How do you achieve the B/W effect in shot 2 and 3. Is it by coloured filters or post-processing. Do you set your camera to B/W, or do you do everything on your computer? A short user-guide for dummies would be appreciated if you have time.

Lars

Love the turtle, very nice timing! All the other shots are great also, especially the first HDR from inside the pier.

Great dynamic HDR's Gregg. A little too much processing for my likings, but they are done great. I really like the photo with the reflection in the table, great shot!

Quote Originally Posted by greggf
    And the best for last....'Lil Photographer!!!

...a trip to Hawaii 2500 Dollars, some cocktails on the beach 50 dollars, entrance to a museum 20 dollar, best photo taken....priceless []

By the looks of it, you had a nice trip [Y]

Jan

Great stuff Gregg, love the very arty turtle shot and DOF of the umbrella.

No sign of the Tokina in your bag this time.

Cheers,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Beautiful shots!! My favorite is the special moments captured in the last and second to last and the first shot is absolutely beautiful!!

Love the turtle.. and your wife is hot
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Also love the turtle and the HDR from the pier looking back toward the mountains. Great stuff Greg.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Thank you everybody for checking out the pictures. There will be more to come....

@Lars...processed in CS5 using the individual sliders in the black and white conversion...just have to play around with them 'til you like what you see.

@Steve...the Tokina made it into the bag, but still couldn't compete with the Nikon....still waiting for Canon to come out with an UWA that has sharp corners!!

@andnowimbroke....thank you...but that's the babysitter in the background.....[]

@qwrad, Jan, Denise, and btaylor...as always, thank you!!

Wow Gregg, nice shots! My fav is the log on the beach-good perspective. Looked like a fun trip.

Cheers,

Damian