Thread: Photofast GMonster CF Cards

Photofast GMonster CF Cards

I have a Canon 7D. I read Rob Galbraith's review of the cards and have a question.

The 533xplus 16GB has an in camera write speed of 51.9mb/s but is capable of 90/mbs write speed and 90mb/s read speed.

According the to Photofast web site the 533x 32G has an in camera write speed of 50mb/s and 90/mbs read speed.

Both cards sell for the same price.

My question is, which won should I choose? The 533x seems to have slightly faster write speeds but the 32g has twice the storage for almost the same performance.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Re: Photofast GMonster CF Cards

Wanted to correct something...

Photofast web site has the write speed for the 533x 32g at 40mb/s

The website selling the card listed it at 50/mbs. I am going with the Manufactures information in trying to make my decision.

Thanks

Re: Photofast GMonster CF Cards

jj

I like these cards a lot on my 7D. Reasonable price, and very fast. Fast is better on the 7D. I get about 70MBPS on them from a Firewire 800 Card Reader. The Speed n the 7D is very good. I have yet to wait for anything.

http://www.datamemorysystems.com/_memory-information/TRANSCEND_COMPACT_FLASH_CARD_dm55_0192-2.asp

I stay away from the 32 Gig cards right now, because they are very expensive, that will change soon! By mid-april 2010 we will be talking 64 Gig cards ;-)

Best