View Poll Results: Which photo is your favorite?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • MrGreenbug

7 19.44%
  • Dave Throgmartin

2 5.56%
  • PatrickH

15 41.67%
  • Kayaker72

6 16.67%
  • Jayson

6 16.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #47 - Seeing Red (Congrats PatrickH)

#47 - Seeing Red (Congrats PatrickH)

On behalf of bgood, this is assignment 47: Seeing Red

This can be a play on the color in every sense of the word. Whether it's literal and red is the prominent color or whether it's figurative and red is portrayed in emotion or something else entirely, it's up to you. Have fun and dare to think outside the color. Here are a few examples of red being the major player in the picture. However, I don't want to limit images to just images with red in them. For the finalists, I will be looking for great images that somehow tie to the theme, whether the color is present or not.

The following photos have been selected as finalists:

Name: MrGreenbug
    Motivation: I am completely drawn into the image and find myself looking at the reflection as well as the ear pieces behind the glasses - cool shot. Crisp, clean and well done.

Name: Dave Throgmartin
    Motivation: I really like how the red highlights the bike rack and the path adds motion to it. It makes me feel like going out riding right up until my eyes see the snow. Then I'm reminded that it's winter in my neck of the woods.

Name: PatrickH
    Motivation: Red is really the star here by drawing the viewer directly to the subject. I love the perspective that shows how big the scene is and how small the children are in comparison. The motion my eye takes in this shot toward the triangle formed by the trees is contrasted with the direction of the path, as if presenting them with a choice to make. Great shot

Name: Kayaker72
    Motivation: More than any of the other entered shots, this one played on two potential aspects of the theme "Seeing Red" (Denise and Neuro both played on two themes as well but they didn't enter those shots). The obvious one is the red in the berries. The maybe not obvious one is my assumed thoughts that the owner was "seeing red" or was angry at losing the crop.

Name: Jayson
    Motivation: I have to admit that I am not much of a macro bug kind of guy, but it was such a neat shot with the red eyes contrasted against the complimentary green color. My question is how did you get him to stand so still for the shot?

Congrats! Good luck, the poll will be opened for 3 days!
    Last edited by Sheiky; 02-05-2013 at 08:48 PM.

I guess I'll start it

Image-014 by clemmb60, on Flickr
    Mark

Here is my entry for now unless I can come up with something else before the deadline with everything else going on ...

My pal Skully by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Hi everyone.. trying to get active again...

How do I remove the attachment?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunglasses.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	1657  
    Last edited by MrGreenBug; 01-20-2013 at 06:39 AM.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Heh, I was just going to suggest you use those sunnies in this assignment, but you already did

Anyway, i'm too busy for something new, so here's one from a few months ago that I may or may not have put in the Macro thread at the time.

Devil Tomato from my mum's garden, exactly as it grew. 7D, Takumar 50/1.4 (i presume from looking at exif), 430EX on the right with softbox, metal serving tray hand-held on the left to reflect a bit back the other way from what I remember.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Heh, I was just going to suggest you use those sunnies in this assignment, but you already did

Anyway, i'm too busy for something new, so here's one from a few months ago that I may or may not have put in the Macro thread at the time.

Devil Tomato from my mum's garden, exactly as it grew. 7D, Takumar 50/1.4 (i presume from looking at exif), 430EX on the right with softbox, metal serving tray hand-held on the left to reflect a bit back the other way from what I remember.
    I thought that was an apple but as I have read through the text I found out that it's a tomato. Ain't that devilish..
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Alrighty...here's my submission

Seeds of Red by budrowilson, on Flickr

Wow, very tough competition. I just took this one yesterday and thought it may be my most appropriate one to post.

2013_01_19_2554_upd_partialbw by dthrog00, on Flickr

Dave

I took this one just before the holidays

I was shooting Orchids yesterday at an indoor garden in Grand Rapids, and thought it would be a good place to get my red for the assignment. I call this one Yosemite Sam (those who grew up on U.S. cartoons will understand - if you look at it long enough anyway).
    O.K., maybe it is just my weird view of it.

Yosemite Sam (Orchid)-4724 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr