Hi all,

I'm wondering what you guys think of these two pictures of surfers walking into the ocean. Specifically:

a) which do you like better with regard to composition? I like how in the first one there is space in the direction they are walking, but i wish surfer #2 was forward a step or two and surfer #3 (barely pictured) was a step or 2 back. Unfortunately I didn't know these people so they probably thought it weird enough that I was photographing them, let alone if I started directing them. []

b) are they properly exposed? I'm thinking they could have benefited from maybe 1/3 stop less light, to make the sky more vivid and the surfers more silhouetted. would you agree?

Picture 1: Canon xSI / Canon 50 mm f/1.4 - Settings: Av, f/8, 1/1000 s, ISO 200

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.41.77/IMG_5F00_0906_5F00_small.JPG[/img]

Picture 2: Canon xSI / Canon 50 mm f/1.4 - Settings: Av, f/8, 1/800 s, ISO 200

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.41.77/IMG_5F00_0907_5F00_small.JPG[/img]

Any other comments/feedback are welcome as well!

Cheers,

Matt

p.s. first time posting in this forum so please excuse me if I did not follow the rules and or I posted the pictures the wrong way!