Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your M shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Is it still for sale for $299? I see $399 on B&H, out of stock at Adorama, and $448 on amazon. I didn't pull the trigger on the sale as I am not sure I see how it fits into my kit. I pretty much lug the dSLR everywhere. I do want a better point and shoot, but I want that to be "pocketable" and may go for the S110 + pixima 100 sale just announced. So, for those of you that now have one, is the EOS-M close enough to being "pocketable?"
    I don't think it's available at that price from a major retailer, although Big Value Inc is selling gray market versions on eBay for even less than that.

It doesn't fit my definition of pocketable, that's the S95/100/110. (Side note, if you need the printer, great - else, I'd personally go with the S100 over the S110. As far as I can tell, they are almost the same - same sensor, same lens, etc., the S110 claims a faster AF but it's still slow, but I really like the grip on the front of the S100, and they eliminated that from the S110; or get the Franiac grip mod for the S110). Although without lens, the M is about the same size as those powershots, even the thin 22mm pancake adds quite a bit. However, it is easily belt wearable; with the 22mm, it fits perfectly in the Lowepro Dashpoint 20.

I've used it a few times on outings, it's quite a nice little camera. Honestly, I didn't 'need' it. But one of the main reasons I got it was as a travel backup - works with all my lenses with the mount adapter, but probably won't need it on a trip, and takes up much less room in the bag than a regular body.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    B&H's $399 version comes with the EX 90 flash, although many folks have been reporting they got the flash kit for $299. Maybe a warehouse picker error at B&H, who knows.
    Kudos to B&H for that. It seems both B&H and Adorama oversold their $299 stock for EOS M + 22mm kits. Adorama cancelled those oversold orders, B&H kept them in the backorder queue and filled those orders with the kit that included the 90EX, which I infer was all they got from Canon.

I keep mine in the car with me vast majority of the time now where as the DSLR only went on "photo" trips...

So far it appears to be able to find some new opportunities I wouldn't have gotten with the DSLR.

Dave

It's nice for general walking around, especially if you're out for the day. Much easier to tote than a DSLR.
    Mark - Flickr

EOS-M with 18-55 and EX 90 for $349 at Henry's.

http://www.henrys.com/71878-CANON-EO...-And-90EX.aspx
    Mark - Flickr

Saturday night's sunset in color & BW.

2013_07_27_0247_LR_upd2 by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_27_0247_LR_upd2_bw by dthrog00, on Flickr

A couple pictures from our hike this morning. (I messed up my focus distance on the first one, but still like the result. But, if you pixel peep the trees in the distance aren't sharp because I focused too close)

2013_07_28_0254_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_28_0258_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

I went out to the local reservoir this afternoon with my two big guns looking for birds. Aside from one GBH way off in the distance, I saw nothing. The only shot of the day worth saving at all was this shot of the spillway taken with the M and 22mm.

Mark - Flickr

Thanks for the feedback everyone....and great shots. Looks like the EOS-M packs a big punch in a little package......

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Probably. But when?
    If I order one today it will be next Friday.

I sure wish I could find someone dealing the M with the 22mm. Not a fan of the slow zoom, but do love this camera! Here is one I took with the M and the 300mm f/4 IS with 1.4x tc, Fotodiox adapter. I really need to fix my watermark so it isn't so huge. This was taken in a pretty good breeze and was one of a couple keepers. Doing stuff like this in the breeze makes you wish it had a little bigger buffer so you can snap off more that a couple shots at a time. Still is a really fun camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    I sure wish I could find someone dealing the M with the 22mm. Not a fan of the slow zoom, but do love this camera!
    Hi Jayson the deal for the M with the 22 mm kit seem to be sold out, but several people have the 22 mm lens only (Adorama, Amazon, etc) or I did see the EOS-M, 22 mm lens, and flash (B&H).
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 07-30-2013 at 11:44 AM.