Thread: I found my car on Google Street View

I found my car on Google Street View

I was surfing Google Maps Street View this evening when I caught a glimpse of a familiar orange Mustang GT with black rims...

My Car on Google Maps Street View by budrowilson, on Flickr

Cool find !
    Looks like that was right before the police chase lol
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

Did you see the google car? I have seen it a few times, you are supposed to chase it.

They now have old maps on google earth, on the 1995 I can see my truck parked at my farm pond where I was fishing.

Here is a interesting thing to do, with natural disasters Google tries and update those quickly.
    In Moore Oklahoma a few days after the tornado in May they posted a map for the day after. (I am not sure the date is correct though, the day was mostly cloudy and I tried tracking where I was and couldn't find my truck) But regardless it was a fresh photo. Now the interesting part toggle between the map dated right before, the disaster map and then the most recent. Houses there, houses gone and some houses already rebuilt.

I was looking at something else on Google Street View this evening when it jogged a memory - I had seen a Google Street View car several months ago. I remembered where I had seen the car, so I decided to poke around that spot to see if Google had gotten a picture of me. Turns out they had. :-)

Looks like you came close to running that light

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Looks like you came close to running that light
    Nahhh....I had a green arrow. :-)

By the way, I just found out my dad one-upped me in Google Street View. He's actually standing outside his home when the picture of his apartment complex was taken. You can see him talking to his neighbor. :-)

You used to be able to see a large black spot in my yard that was my black lab but the photo has been updated