Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My turn to share....

My turn to share....

Some shots of a couple of my kids...

the Jockey by doggiedoc@tcah.com, on Flickr[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1220.Jeremy_5F00_exif.png[/img]

10-4! by doggiedoc@tcah.com, on Flickr[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6747.SB_5F00_exif.png[/img]

Re: My turn to share....

Thanks for sharing. 400mm on a 7D... that's one way to make sure you get a candid shot, especially for kids who act differently when the camera is within 100 feet. []

Wow, those are very nice photos and cute kids! Every time I see photos from this lens there
    - Trowski

Thanks guys!

@Daniel Browning - you

Very Nice, Love that lens! The long focal length is the best way to get those candid shots of kids. My 5 year old step grand daughter sees the camera aimed in her direction she has to ham it up bit for the camera. I have the same lens and can keep my distance to capture those candid shots much easier with less chance of her noticing.

Having said that. The DOF in both is great, especially at 400mm f/5.6 with that lens. The Both look great, but the second looks like you had a tougher time of it with the bright sunshine overhead.

Did you use full manual or did you use AV mode? I

Quote Originally Posted by tkerr

I'm also curious to see that as bright as the Sun seems to be shinning you had the white balance set to cloudy. Whatever, it seemed to have worked very good.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I love the effect of using cloudy on a bright sunny day. It's got a warmth that I'm usually looking for specially when people are present.

Tim - I was shooting AV priority - - I use cloudy setting a lot outside. Like deltasun said, the warmer colors are good. Besides (and somebody correct me if I

I am trying to get myself to where I shoot more total manual and make my shutter speed, aperture and ISO adjustments on the fly. I might miss more shots that way, but the ones that I do get are better.

When I am outside on a bright sunny day with periodic clouds I prefer to leave it set on AWB, in the event a cloud moves in and blocks the Sun while I am chasing down a shot. But there are times if it is mostly cloudy I will either select cloudy, Or if it is totally clear or totally overcast I will use a custom white balance. I have a set of gray and white cards I keep along so I can use them to aid in customizing the white balance to the current situation.

Having said that, there are still times when all that is negated when you start making adjustments in Photoshop. Nevertheless, the important thing is to make sure the whites are actually white without blowing them out. The rest of the colors, saturation and vibrance is usually a mater of taste.

Here's one of my other son from the same day. Shot this one with 50mm.

Happy Horseman! by doggiedoc@tcah.com, on Flickr[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0601.Josh_5F00_exif.png[/img]

Nice shootin, like the colors, nice and sharp, good lookin kids.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur