Thread: Wanna buy A new Dslr

Wanna buy A new Dslr

<div>

Hey All!

M a newbie in Dslr world..Plannin to buy Canon 450D in a time of one week as m goin on a Europe and UK tour!M just buyin it for a hobby..!

.But not sure abt d
    lense...Cud u guide me as to Which 1 shud i go for?Am i making a right choice buy selecting this model?

My budget is around INR 40,000 thats almost 813 USD.

Thanx!

Love,

Vidhi
    </div>

Re: Wanna buy A new Dslr

I highly recommend the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8. It will give you wide angle and normal focal lengths, fast aperture, and amazing image quality.

I agree with Daniel...the Tamron 17-50 would be one of the best choices for a general purpose zoom within your price range. I can also suggest pickng up an 85/1.8 ontop of it for low light work. The two together should cost about $800 usd, though I'm not sure how much they retail for over there (India?).

Is your budget for camera+lens? If so, you might be stretching to make the kit lens fit into your budget, depending on local exchange rates. The kit 18-55 IS lens is actually a very nice little lens. I had the prior 18-55 non-IS lens as a kit purchase with my 400D, and it suffered an untimely death. I replaced it with the new 18-55 IS for bicycling events, and really like the upgrade. I still use my Ls for normal shooting, but have no regrets reaching for the kit lens when it's the right choice for the moment.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Vidhi,

I would recommend the 18-55is kit lens. If this is your first dSLR, then takesome time before you buy an expensive lens. Make sure it is really what you want. It is also possible to rent a lens for a trip, andhave the kit for everyday needs. There are some restrictions for international travel, but I would be upfront and just ask if it would be ok based on your itinerary. Another tip: if you haven't used a dSLR before, practice practice practice. If there is a photo that you need on your trip, you might want to bring a point and shoot if you have one. I have a friend who bought one for a trip to Hawaii, he had little interest in practicing or even really learning about it. He looked at my photos, and said "you must have a really good camera." Well, his photos were not as good as his wife's who used a 6MP P&amp;S. There is a learning curve, I hope you have the time to overcome it or you have used a film SLR in the past. It is a great hobby, I hope you love it as much as I do.

Tom