Thread: Post your best current shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bob - Great shots, and yes I agree, they look better when posted direct instead of as thumbnails. I've been trying to do that myself, to no success. I'm no Internet wizard, but I thought I would have come across the solution by now. Please let me know how you do that. I've tried the basic copy-and-paste but that isn't working.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Bob - Great shots, and yes I agree, they look better when posted direct instead of as thumbnails. I've been trying to do that myself, to no success. I'm no Internet wizard, but I thought I would have come across the solution by now. Please let me know how you do that. I've tried the basic copy-and-paste but that isn't working.
    Thanks!
    Jon, I use my Zenfolio account, select a picture, right click on that picture and select "share" . It will give me size options and I highlight and copy the size I want. Then I go to the TDP string and select "image" . That will give you two choices, upload from computer or select URL, I choose the latter and paste in the link I copied. (don't forget to uncheck the "retrieve from remote file" button) thats it.

If you don't have Zenfolio, I know you can also do it from other picture sharing sites like smug-mug, Flicker etc, I just don't know the details for those sites.

Hope that helps,

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Thanks!
    A little different way to post from Flickr than what Denise does... basicalluy I copy and past from flickr.
    In flickr I right mouse click on an opened picture which brings up the viewable sizes. Click on medium 640 size. When it comes up, then right mouse click on it and click copy from the pop up menu. Then just right mouse click in your forum reply and paste it in.

I am sure either way will work, but I was have troubles importing the bbcode though, so I started copying and pasting the picture directly from Flickr.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    A little different way to post from Flickr than what Denise does... basicalluy I copy and past from flickr.
    In flickr I right mouse click on an opened picture which brings up the viewable sizes. Click on medium 640 size. When it comes up, then right mouse click on it and click copy from the pop up menu. Then just right mouse click in your forum reply and paste it in.
    I use the same method. That way, I can link to the Lightbox version on Flickr (manually, by selecting the image on TDP and adding the link), instead of the default which is to the basic photo page on Flickr).