Argh. I have a 1D Mark III. It's been to Virginia for the well-known sub-mirror auto-focus fix. It's been to Irvine CA for the "abnormal mirror operation" (aka Error 99) fix. And now, three days and 16 shutter actuations after receiving it back from the mirror fix, it's going back to Canon for a re-fix of the "abnormal mirror operation" problem. Before the trip to Irvine, the problem existing "first thing in the morning" - as I'd pull the camera out of the bag, I'd power on, get stuff ready, blah blah, take a shot, and blammo it'd have the error. If I pulled the battery out, shoved it back in, and immediately took a shot, I'd usually be fine until it went to sleep again. Now, it just won't shoot - with or without lens, with or without memory card, just doesn't matter.

So now I get to type up a big page of shipping instructions, since I leave for vacation in 8 days - if it'll be back by 6/12, send it here, 6/15-6/17 send it there, 6/18-6/19, send it this place, 6/22-6/29 send it here, and anything later you'd better have a director-level person calling to explain things. Ugh.