Decided to try something new today. I've seen these in the past, and today I saw a friend who had posted some from an engagement shoot without any photoshop work done. Also wanted to try the "hiding behind a basketball pole" shot too, but I lost the light. I did this on the side of the house (hence the chain link fence in the shot), and made a rough job of my layer masks but I accomplished what I wanted to and have a feel for what some really cool shots like this would take.

What do you guys think about these, cliche? Anyone ever do these with clients? What was their take on it? Did they respond well?

I'm pretty photoshop savvy so I could go one further, rather than just lowering the exposure, clarity, and sharpness like I did, I could make it look like a painted canvas of.. whatever, and have the painted effect/texture decrease the more he comes out of the frame, blah blah blah. Whether or not it's marketable, I had a ton of fun doing it, and the editing on this one took all of five minutes.

If any of you have any like this, I'd like to see them.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/450x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/4162.IMG_5F00_0177_2D00_Edit_2D00_2.jpg[/img]

ALSO, I'd really like to know how the skin tone looks to you guys on here. It's no secret my laptop's monitor completely sucks and brightness/color accuracy just isn't there. Looks fine on my end but I'm worried that he may look orange due to some of the global adjustments I made. Any input that way would be very usefully. I have to do a lot of guess work when it comes to my editing.