Thread: Senior picture tips

Senior picture tips

My aunt recently asked me to shoot my cousin's senior pictures. This would be a first for me...even shooting anything other than shots for my own consumption. Like I told her, it's free, so if she's not happy, she's no worse off.

Anyway, at my disposal are T2i, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, and 430EXII flash, post-process with Aperture (could have others if would be better)

I assume he'll want outdoors, and I'll push him that way anyway for quality of shots.

I guess my question covers both capture and post-processing: What are some useful tips regarding poses, scenes, locations, etc.? I know he's a baseball player, so I'll incorporate that somehow. Also, what are the best things to do post-process for these types of photos? I'm usually just shooting my kids so nothing too terribly artistic.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Senior picture tips

What

Find something that the senior enjoys and likes to identify himself with. Those seem to provide the best shots for me...

Those are outstanding, Sean. In the last one, how do you go about getting flare like that? So cool!

Quote Originally Posted by davideglasgow

Those are outstanding, Sean. In the last one, how do you go about getting flare like that? So cool!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I positioned the sun near the top of the frame. ;-)