Thread: The Sun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think your shot is underexposed, and leaving the hood off aren't you worried about moon flare.

But on the serious side this practice might come in handy next year on August 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I think your shot is underexposed, and leaving the hood off aren't you worried about moon flare.

But on the serious side this practice might come in handy next year on August 21st.

I've been thinking about exposure. I mean seriously, what is the "proper" exposure for something so bright it'll burn out your sensor and blind you?

"Here's my properly exposed image of the sun. Oops!!! Sorry about that. I hope that didn't hurt too much."

I tried a faux HDR on the image above and it came out looking pretty good, although not very realistic. I've seen folks add color and really crank in brightness and so on. Can't say one method is better or worse than any other. Just a matter of taste, I guess.
    Last edited by M_Six; 05-08-2016 at 01:24 AM.
    Mark - Flickr

Managed to grab a couple of shots during some breaks in the overcast today. Not as clear as I would have preferred, as you can still see the clouds passing. Still, I'm glad I was able to get these at least.

Mercury Solar Transit by Mark J Photography, on Flickr

Mercury Solar Transit by Mark J Photography, on Flickr
    Mark - Flickr