Page 126 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 3967

Thread: Post your best current shots

Nice shots, Steve! I wish the weather were as nice here but I guess with the very mild winter we have had so far, I shouldn't be complaining!

Best time of year to practice lighting with some table top photography ...

IMG_4232 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Rural Shapes

Nice light and lovely natural reds Denise.
    Strong composition again M Six
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Steve - A lot of great colorful shots. We do not see a lot of color this time of year up here in the northern hemisphere. Thanks for making us miss summer

Denise - You managed to find color... it just goes to show if you look hard enough, color is there. Very nicely done.

David - Turkeys sure have faces only a mother could love , but the porcupine sure is cute. The winter path home is a great shot, I keep trying to get a shot like that, but they never evoke the feeling that yours did.

M_Six - Your Rural shots look a lot like where I live. Nice shots.

My wife talked me into taking the afternoon off on Friday to go to the Autoshow. I have never taken pictures of cars before... so I thought I would give it a try. There were so many people wandering around, so I end up zooming in tight just to keep the clutter out of the back ground. Here are a few... all shot with a 7D / 24-105mm f/4L IS combimation. Sorry for posting so many, but...

Auburn 851 Roadster from Gilmore's by westmichigan, on Flickr

MINI Cooper.jpg by westmichigan, on Flickr

MINI Cooper Stick.jpg by westmichigan, on Flickr

Camaro SS Grille.jpg by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Great shots, Pat. Sure you've never done that before? Love the angle on the second shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Nice light and lovely natural reds Denise.
    Strong composition again M Six
    Thanks, Steve. I've passed that spot hundreds of times (it's along my daily commute) and it wasn't until that day that the cluster of basic shapes became apparent. If you string together my "Harvest Time" album, it's a record of scenes from my 55 mile commute.

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    David - Turkeys sure have faces only a mother could love , but the porcupine sure is cute. The winter path home is a great shot, I keep trying to get a shot like that, but they never evoke the feeling that yours did.
    Thanks. Perhaps the trick to the walking home shot was the seemingly wrong choice of lens. The only lens we brought with us was the 85mm, on a crop body. Not the first choice that springs to mind when you want a wide-ish shot of a path through the forest. The sunset poking through at the top helps define it as an 'end of day' image, too.

It looks pretty good with a Photoshop 'Paint Daubs' filter run over it too. When my cash reserves re-fill a bit, I may try this frameless mount.

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Pat- those car shots are great, the composition of each and every one is great and unique. Great set.

This week winter finally arrived, we've got frost(-13C this night)! One of my best friends went to Australia last week to travel around and he asked me to show what's going on because the weather didn't look anywhere near winter so far this season. Well it finally looks like it now:

Finally winter arrived...ice! by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

What's crackin? by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

This one just looked so interesting due to the air below the muddy ice...

Natures painting by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Now tomorrow they say it's going to snow....I'm excited!

Someone please tell me that I am not the only one that has ever had an off day at shooting! As dark and gloomy as it was, I was determined to finally go out shooting today and I was glad I did because I had numerous chances at some really great shots but ...I pretty much blew every one! I don't know if it was because I was hand-holding or if was because the day was so hazy and gloomy or what but AF was really tough & I could just tell I was just off on tracking and everything ...so sad!

Believe it or not but these are the best of what I've gone through so far ...

IMG_5034 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_5014 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_4959 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_5078 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_5202 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_5209 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_5210 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_5218 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_5239 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_4873 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

I don't get much of a chance to shoot hawks and these were taken along the edge of the shoulder of a busy highway as I walked down it getting whatever shots I could.