Thread: Panasonic LX-5 for a second...first couple of shots

Panasonic LX-5 for a second...first couple of shots

I recently got a Panasonic LX-5 since I sold my 5D2, just to have a small walk-around camera, and not have to take the 1D4 everywhere with me. Now, I borrowed my buddies LX-3 for our Italy trip last year as a second, and I absolutely loved it. while not quite totally pocketable, it still is fairly small, but a touch bigger than the S95, but all the reviews I have read, led me to get this one over the S95, or even the G12.

Here are a couple of shots of ...guess...my fav model...sorry!! Tell me what you think...I'm pretty impressed

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3465.On-the-Slide-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1373.Over-the-Shoulder-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7534.Over-the-Shoulder2-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

Re: Panasonic LX-5 for a second...first couple of shots

Really like the middle shot Gregg, great eye contact and beautiful colours. Nice vibrance and saturation on the bottom two.

Top one compositionally I like it, but there just doesn
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Nice shots

Well done

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    Top one compositionally I like it, but there just doesn't seem to have enough contrast, or something. Your little bloke might just be a little over exposed, I can't put my finger on it. It just doesn't work like some of your other B&W's.

I agree - love the composition! I think what's missing is out of focus blur - the lack of it makes the chain link fence too distracting, IMO. Because of the small sensor on a P&S, even with a comparitively wide aperture like f/2, the only way to get substantial OOF blur is to be very close to the subject.

You guys are awesome!! Thanks for looking..

Yeah, unfortunately, with a P&S you are limited with DOF, and background blur...but for what it is, I think the camera has great potential, though.

I will do some more post on that first black and white for you guys!!!

I think it's great to have you guys giving that extra eye that we all need sometimes...

Gregg

I really like the first one for how the little guy is lit compared to the background - thanks to this I hardly noticed the fence until reading previous posts. If it wasn