I got myCanon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II lens a couple months ago when I was using my Canon XSi. At first I had a little problem with soft corners at/near the MFD. After I got that cleared up, I was very happy with the 70-200mm 2.8 II.

I was going to do a wedding as the main photographer so I got a new camera...The Canon EOS 7D. I got it just a few days before the wedding, So I didn't really have time to test everything out. Or any testing with the Canon 7D with the 70-200mm 2.8 II.

At the wedding, [|-)] Somehow my bag cover got open and my Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II(just the lens and nothing else) dropped and hit a hard wood floor from about 4ft in the air.[:'(]

After the Wedding I was worriedif anything had happened to my lens so I started testing it on my Canon 7D(I no longer had my Canon XSI because I gave it away)

And I found out that at more farther focusing distances that the Left side(it was on the right side too but less) imagequality was pretty bad.

So I sent the lens into Canon for repair. after a longgggg.........wait I got it back today. On the paper Canon said that it had been returned tofactoryspecifications. Very happy ....So I start testing it. I soon was very upset and very, veryconfused. IT HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!

Canon said that if it had the same problem I should send them my camera body with the lens to them. I only have one camera body so I would have to rent one if I did that.

So what do you think is the problem????? Could the camera body becausing it ?? Or did Canon not fix it right???? I know it didn't have this problem with the XSI. And I didn't have time to test it with the 7D before it had fallen. So I don't know if the problem was because of the fall or not.

Right now I'm try to see if somebody around here has another body so I can test out on another camera body.

Please help if anybody was any advise! please!

If y'all want some sample photos of the problem I will try to get some up ASAP.

If you want more info please ask too.